Exploring the Strength and Versatility of Ck15 Steel Grade
– Ck15 steel grade belongs to the DIN 17210 standard for low carbon steel.
– It is a non-alloy steel grade that is commonly used in applications requiring high strength and versatility.
2. Mechanical Properties:
– Ck15 steel grade has a tensile strength of 370-530 MPa.
– It has a yield strength of 245 MPa.
– The steel grade has a hardness of approximately 140 Brinell (HB).
3. Technical Properties:
– Ck15 steel grade has good machinability, making it suitable for various manufacturing processes.
– It can be easily welded, providing good weldability.
– The steel grade has reasonable formability, allowing it to be shaped into different parts and components.
– Ck15 steel can be heat treated to enhance its strength and hardness.
4. Chemical Composition:
– Ck15 steel grade has a carbon content ranging from 0.13% to 0.18%.
– It also contains small amounts of manganese (0.30%-0.60%).
– Other elements found in lesser quantities include phosphorus (maximum 0.035%) and sulfur (maximum 0.040%).
Overall, Ck15 steel grade offers a combination of strength, versatility, and machinability, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. Its good weldability and formability make it an excellent choice for manufacturing different components. The specified mechanical and technical properties make it a reliable and cost-effective material for various industries.