Exploring the Properties and Applications of 34CrMo4 Steel Grade
– The 34CrMo4 steel grade is an alloy steel that belongs to the low-alloy steel group.
– It is commonly used for the manufacturing of piston rods, crankshafts, gears, and other components in the automotive, machinery, and oil and gas industries.
– The steel grade is specified in various international standards, such as EN 10083-3, ASTM A519, and JIS G3441.
– Tensile Strength: The tensile strength of 34CrMo4 steel grade typically ranges between 980-1180 MPa, depending on the heat treatment process.
– Yield Strength: The yield strength of this steel grade is typically around 900 MPa.
– Elongation: The steel grade has a minimum elongation of 14%, indicating its good ductility.
– Impact Toughness: 34CrMo4 steel grade exhibits good toughness properties, making it suitable for demanding applications.
– Hardness: The hardness of 34CrMo4 steel grade can range between 170-230 HB.
– Heat Treatment: The steel grade can be subjected to various heat treatment processes, such as normalizing, annealing, and quenching and tempering, to achieve the desired mechanical properties.
– Machinability: 34CrMo4 steel grade has good machinability, allowing for ease of fabrication and machining.
The chemical composition of 34CrMo4 steel grade typically consists of the following elements:
– Carbon (C) – 0.30-0.37%
– Silicon (Si) – 0.40% max
– Manganese (Mn) – 0.60-0.90%
– Phosphorus (P) – 0.035% max
– Sulfur (S) – 0.035% max
– Chromium (Cr) – 0.90-1.20%
– Molybdenum (Mo) – 0.15-0.30%
– Automotive industry: 34CrMo4 steel grade is utilized in the production of piston rods, crankshafts, and other critical components in engines and transmissions.
– Machinery industry: The alloy steel grade finds applications in the manufacturing of gears, shafts, and other high-strength components in machinery.
– Oil and gas industry: 34CrMo4 steel grade is employed in the production of pipes, drilling equipment, and other components used in the exploration and extraction of oil and gas.
Overall, the 34CrMo4 steel grade exhibits excellent mechanical properties, good machinability, and diverse application possibilities, making it a widely used alloy steel grade in various industries.