The 100Cr6 steel grade is a commonly used high carbon chromium steel. Here is everything you need to know about this steel grade:
1. Mechanical properties: The 100Cr6 steel grade has excellent hardness, wear resistance, and toughness. It has a high level of hardness after hardening and tempering, making it suitable for applications requiring good rolling bearing performance.
2. Technical properties: The 100Cr6 steel grade can be easily machined, heat treated, and welded. It has good dimensional stability and can withstand high temperatures. It possesses good fatigue strength and has good dimensional stability.
3. Chemical composition: The chemical composition of the 100Cr6 steel grade typically consists of around 0.95-1.05% carbon, 0.25-0.45% silicon, 0.15-0.35% manganese, 1.3-1.65% chromium, and small amounts of other elements such as sulfur, phosphorus, and oxygen.
4. Usage areas: The 100Cr6 steel grade is primarily used in the production of rolling bearings, such as ball bearings and roller bearings. It is also used in various other applications that require high wear resistance and strength, such as gears, cutting tools, engine parts, and more.
5. Industries using 100Cr6 steel grade: The 100Cr6 steel grade is extensively used in industries such as automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, machinery, and tooling. It is especially prevalent in the production of rolling bearings that are widely used in these industries to reduce friction and ensure smooth operation.
Overall, the 100Cr6 steel grade is a versatile and reliable material known for its excellent mechanical and technical properties. Its widespread use in various industries is a testament to its suitability for demanding applications.